For nearly 40 years, The Narrows Restaurant has set out to bring the Eastern Shore’s sights, sounds, and flavors to every guest who steps through the doors. Our hands-on ownership team is looking to add a hospitality driven general manager to the team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee the entire restaurant operation while setting an engaging tone.
- Perform well and keep a calm demeanor in a high volume/high pressure environment demonstrating ability to prioritizing and multitasking.
- Recruiting, interviewing, training, scheduling, and disciplining FOH managers and employees.
- Work the floor hands-on by greeting guests, processing checks, investigating and resolving customer complaints
- Maintain patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements.
- Interact with guests to establish a personal, professional rapport.
- Conduct daily menu class for FOH employees.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures
- Lead and manage monthly inventory, negotiate prices and contracts, develop preferred supplier lists, review and evaluate usage reports; analyze variances in purchases/inventory; and take corrective actions.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef in menu planning and cost control.
- Maintain operations by implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards.
- Accomplish company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement
- Perform any role FOH or BOH if needed.
- Day/night, weekend and holiday availability are a must.
Education: College degree preferred, but not required.
Experience: At least 5+ years of restaurant experience. At least 2-3 years of experience in restaurant management.
- Must have excellent leadership qualities
- In-depth working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- In-depth working knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Must have the ability to multi-task and perform well under stressful circumstances.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting
- Track record of managing inventory and cost control
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- High energy level
- Stress management
- Work long hours
- Team Building
The working conditions described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Able to work 50+ hours a week
- Time and Stress Management
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflicts and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds; push and pull equipment, supplies, etc., at least 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours a day.
- Team oriented environment.
- Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- High pressure and high volume environment